First Time Attendees
If it is your first time attending WYSTC, we recommend arriving before Tuesday 17 September, so that you can benefit from the First-Time Delegate Session, which will take place from 09:00 till 10:00. This session will introduce you to WYSTC veterans who will tell you a bit about what to expect, where to go if you have questions and how to make the most of your conference experience.
Immediately following this introduction, you can join us for the Connections Session. This high-speed networking event will bring you face-to-face with WYSE Travel Confederation Board Members and other youth travel industry leaders, giving you the chance to mingle with key players in the market. It’s specifically designed to allow you to meet with a large number of people in a short period of time - think of it as speed dating for the business world!
Upon arrival at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, please come to the WYSTC Registration Desk.
Need a few helpful tips? Bring more business cards than you think you’ll need, wear comfy shoes and keep your conference badge on at all times.
First Time Buyer Programme*
***Limited Space Available***
To qualify as a First Time Buyer, an organisation operating in any segment of the youth travel industry must be attending WYSTC for the first time, or have not visited WYSTC in the past three years. Additionally, Members of either the Confederation or an Association are not eligible nor can the organisation have been a member of WYSE Travel Confederation for the past three years.
The organisation too is only present at WYSTC to buy services/products from the ‘selling’ organisations. They cannot participate in the selling process themselves.
Qualified Buyer Programme
Qualified Buyers are buyers who attended WYSTC 2012 as a First Time Buyer, or are buyers who do not manage to secure one of the above 50 First Time Buyer Qualified Positions.
Some words of wisdom from previous first-timers:
- “As it’s my first time at WYSTC, I am looking for exposure so people know who we are. But mainly right now I want knowledge; I want to learn from other companies like mine.”
Mxolisi Ndudula, eKasie Backpackers, South Africa
- “As a WYSTC first timer, we were well supported by the event organisers at all levels and every effort was made to connect us with appropriate organisations where our skills, advice, guidance and support could be best utilised.”
Chris Gould, Travel-Safe
- “As a first-timer, WYSTC has been very helpful for our business. Today at my business appointments, I travelled around the world.”
Debra Moody, Life Adventures
- “The first conference we went to, Wake Up! was not yet opened and we took a huge financial risk. The fact that we attended WYSTC that year gave us so many contacts that within 3 weeks of opening the hostel, it was 80% full (of 500 beds). I have been the world’s biggest fan of WYSTC ever since.”
Margaret Millett, Wake Up! Australia
- “I think it’s really important for new businesses to come here. WYSTC is great for helping companies to recognise their potential and explore new directions they would have never previously considered.”
Olya Antonova, taxback.com
*An organisation is qualified as a First Time Buyer only upon completion and approval of a questionnaire which is sent to them following their registration and indication that they wish to apply as a First Time Buyer.