On-camera exposure and limitless networking
Did you know WYSTC 2013 will have its own video crew capturing the event? Every good crew needs good on-air talent, and we are searching for the perfect presenter to be the face of WYSTC 2013.
WYSTC is the World Youth and Student Travel Conference is the largest and most essential business-t0-business event in the youth travel industry. With a global reach, it has travelled to 20 different cities within 14 countries over the last two decades. At WYSTC, hundreds of business leaders stemming from a wide range of organisations gather to develop their organisation within youth travel and maintain connections with global partners within the dynamic youth tourism sector.
WYSTC’s ideal presenter is a student with a passion for travelling and for learning more about youth travel’s US $173 billion market by rubbing elbows with the industry’s key players.
If your charisma shines through the camera lens and you are interested in getting professionally produced on-camera experience, enter the WYSTC 2013 Presenter Contest today by clicking here!
Submissions are welcome from 22 April 2013. See terms and conditions below.
The DEADLINE for all video entries is Friday 7th June 2013.
The Winning Presenter
The winner will mix and mingle with hundreds of delegates who arrive to San Diego from all over the world to network and develop their global business. Interview and engage the delegates with our professional video crew to make our event shine.
The jury votes and public votes cast on Facebook will be counted and on 17 July 2013, the lucky winner will be announced! From there, prepare for working with a great team in Sydney in September and for your reporting to glitter the WYSTC website for the eyes of an entire travel and tourism niche industry.
Have a talent in mind? Send them an invite to compete!
Want to sponsor the contest or the winning presenter? Just contact us for details.
Please note: If you are experiencing any technical difficulties with completing your application please contact Jessica Quinlan.
Terms and Conditions
Submit one 60 second (maximum) video on why/how you have been Inspired by Travel. This video must feature you as the presenter with stand-ups on camera (i.e. face shots, monologues). Material containing only voice overs will not be accepted.
Entry and participation in any contest shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance of the following terms and guidelines. All entry requirements and any other specific details relating to the contest or the prizes contribute to the contest terms.
1. Contest closes on date and time specified in contest guidelines
2. Only one submission per person. Content must not contain explicit language or behaviour.
3. Open to persons aged between 18 and 35 years and who are enrolled as a full time student.
4. Contestants must be studying a related topic such as Journalism, Arts and/or Media.
5. On screen/on camera experience preferred.
6. In accepting these terms and conditions, all contest entrants are giving their consent to have their image published on www.wystc.org in the event of being selected at any stage in the process.
7. Closing date is as specified in each contest and entries will not be valid after the date of closing.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
10. The finalists and overall winner will be contacted by email and will have 10 working days to respond.
11. In the event that the finalists are unable to respond within this time, WYSTC 2013 will select a different finalist.
12. WYSTC 2013 is authorised to use finalist film footage for promotional purposes.
13. WYSTC 2013 reserves the right to amend contest rules at any time. If we do this we will publish the amended contest rules on the relevant contest page.